It’s been quite an eventful couple of months. First and foremost, I apologize for the lack of updates in the Bittersweet Blog. Our calendar has been filling up faster then expected (which is ofcourse amazing news!)
Here’s what you missed in July-
Ira’s Birthday Party
We haven’t had a request for a tea party until sweet bubbly Ira contacted me. Although I was going to be in Singapore, it was too great of an opportunity to miss. So I did what I can and left it to my assistant to make sure Ira got a lovely tea party. And indeed she did.
|Green Tea Russian Teacakes as Party Favors|
|The lovely Ira on Her Special Day|
|Tea Party Marie Antoinette Style|
Instyle Fashion Show Catering
By now, our small team is already used to sudden requests of catering for events. However, the Instyle catering is by far the largest of them all. We prepared for 500 guests with menu that includes Nutella Brownies, Strawberry Tart, and Stuffed Mushrooms as the savory selection. We recruited extra help from my other office (Pansophia Indonesia Foundation- www.pansophiaindonesia.org) and had a percentage go to the foundation.
|Bittersweet and Pansophia Catering Team|
|Sea of mushrooms, strawberry tarts, and nutella brownies|
Our Wall of Fame
If you haven’t dropped by the store recently, we’ve added some cozy elements to our little corner. We’ve put up several of our articles and reviews on the wall as a dedication of thanks to those who have featured us. It adds to the whole general homey feel of our store don’t you think?
“How to Make Macaroons” on TV1 Coffee Break
For those who missed us, we were on our first TV feature on Friday, 12th. But don’t worry; here are the instructions for those who missed the demonstration on “How to Make Macaroons”
|On location shooting w/ TV1 team|
|What an unattractive picture! But oh well|
|Our pretty macaroon chef's face was covered :(|
Green Tea Macaroons Ingredients-
Macaron recipe (yield: 20 macarons)
Egg whites 90 g
Sugar 125 g
Almond meal 125 g
Icing sugar 125 g
Green tea powder 5g
Green tea butter cream:
Icing sugar 50g
Green tea powder 5g
1. Sieve all the dry ingredients
2. Whip egg whites with sugar (firm consistency).
3. Add in almond meal, icing sugar and green tea powder to meringue.
4. Then fold it slowly until well mix.
5. Put macaroon mixture to piping bag and pipe it on the baking tray approximately 3cm-4cm
6. Leave piped macaroon at room temperature for 15mins.
7. Bake macaroon at 180 degrees for approximately 8 mins
1. Mix room temperature unsalted butter until creamy and add in icing sugar with green tea powder.
2. Stick macaron with butter cream (let the macaron cool it down on the tray first then take it off slowly)